How do I setup my email on an Android device?
Having the option to access your emails on your phone is a
big convenience, since portability of technology is a major factor for having
things done efficiently and on time. Android phones are no exception to this,
and also being such a robust as well as flexible open source platform, this OS
proves to be very efficient when it comes to accessing emails right on your
- Open your device's email application.
- Tap Menu > Accounts.
- Tap Menu again and tap Add account.
4. Enter the email address in the Email Address text entry box.
5. Enter the password to login in the Password text entry box.
6. Click Next.
The Account Type screen will be displayed.
7. Tap on the required account type. The available options are POP3, IMAP and Exchange. This is dependent on the settings for your incoming server. In the example, POP3 is selected.
You will configure incoming server settings.
8. Enter your full email address in the Username text entry box.
9. Enter the password for your email address in the Password text entry box.
10. Enter your domain name preceded by "mail."
11. Enter the port number in the Port text entry box.
12. Select the type of the security from the Security Type drop down list.
Note: SSL (Accept all certificates)" for better compatibility.
13. Tap Next.
Now you’ll configure outgoing server settings.
14. Enter your domain name preceded by "mail." In the SMTP server text entry box. This can be found in the E-mail Accounts section of the cPanel, under More > Configure Mail Client".
15. Enter your domain name preceded by "mail."
16. Enter the port number in the Port text entry box.
17. Select the type of the security from the Security Type drop down list.
Note: Using "SSL (Accept all certificates)" will be more compatible.
18. Specify whether or not signing in is required to authenticate with the SMTP server by checking or un-checking the box in the Require sign-infield.
19. Enter your full email address in the Username text entry box.
20. Enter the password for your email address in the Password text entry box.
21. Tap Next.
22. Provide the name for the account.
23. Enter the name you would like show on all outgoing emails.
24. Tap Next.
25. Set the frequency of checking mail.
26. Specify whether you wish to be notified whenever there is a new mail.
27. Set the limit for the mail.
28. Tap Next.
The mail account will be configured on mobile.