How do I configure my Default Address?
Set up a default address (catch-all address) that receives any mail for an invalid email address for the domain. You can also define how the default address handles incoming messages.
Note: If spammers target your domain, and you forward mail to a default address, that address may receive a large amount of spam.
- Log into cPanel.
- Navigate to Home >Email>Default Address.
The Default Address page will be displayed.
3. Select the (sub)domain that you want to set up as default address.
4. Select one of the following options:
- Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message — Select this option to send an error message to the sender. Enter an error message in the Failure Message (seen by sender) text box.
- Forward to Email Address — Select this option to forward mail to another address. Enter the email address or your cPanel account’s username in the Forward to Email Address text box.
5. Click Advanced Options to set the following:
- Forward to your system account — Select this option to forward mail to the system account.
- Pipe to a Program — Select this option to forward messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
- Discard (Not Recommended) — Select this option to delete incoming messages without a failure notice.
Note: Do not use this option because the sender will not know that the delivery has failed. By clicking the Advanced Options link you can discard all unrouted mail, pipe it to a program or forward it to the system account.
6. Click Change to apply your settings.
Clean up the default email from time to time to make sure that it is not filled up with needed/unneeded messages.