How do I change my email password?
When managing multiple email accounts on your server, you might want to reset or change a password for one of your email accounts.You can make changes to your email account through cPanel or webmail.
Changing Email Password through Webmail
You can also change password through webmail. This can be done by going to http://www.hoasted.com/webmail and logging in with the email account username (must be full email address) and password.
1. Login to Webmail.
2. Select Password & Security option from the drop down list.
The Password & Security page will be displayed.
3. In the Change Password section, enter the new password for the email address in the New Password text entry box.
4. Re-enter the password to confirm in the Confirm New Password text entry box.
5. Click Save.
The confirmation page showing that your password was successfully changed your email account’s password will be displayed.
Changing Email Password through cPanel
If you’ve lost or forgotten the password, you can change it through cPanel. This method does not require the old password.Many times you may be required to change your e-mail password. Changing your password frequently, at least once a month, is highly recommended, usually by using a hard-to-guess password each time.
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Navigate to Home >Email>Email Accounts.
page will be displayed
3. Click Change Password link in the row of the email account you wish to change password for.
The selected email account will be displayed in edit mode.
4. Enter the new password for the email address in the Password text entry box.
5. Re-enter the password to confirm in the Password (Again) text entry box.
Note:The Strength Meter will indicate the difficulty of the password you select. We highly recommend that you use a strong password.
6. Click Change Password.
You should receive a confirmation message showing that your
password was successfully changed.