How to update nameservers for my domain?
What is a nameserver?
Nameservers help control where the network is to be routed when the visitors access your website. When a domain name is registered, it is automatically set to the "parked" nameservers, which just displays a blank/ temporary page. However, since the domain name is probably purchased for the purpose of creating a website, you might need to change your nameservers to connect the site to your domain.
There are many options of course, as to which nameservers you'll need to use, but it mainly depends on where your domain is registered and where your website is hosted. For example, if your domain name is registered or hosted with Hoasted, use the Hoasted information; if it's registered with or hosted by another company, use the Another Company information.
What are the default name servers for Hoasted?
Default nameservers for Hoasted are:
How to change nameservers for a domain from your Hoasted client area
!! when using other nameservers than above, all domain and email related settings in your cPanel will not work.
To update nameservers for my domain, follow the steps given below.
1. Login into client area.
2. Navigate to Domains >My Domains.
The Client Area page will be displayed.
3. Select Manage Nameservers option from the Manage Domain drop down list in the row of the name servers you wish to update.
The Nameservers section will be displayed.
Note: You can change where your domain points to here. Please note that the changes can take up to 24 hours to propagate.
4. Specify whether you wish to use default or custom nameservers by checking the box in the appropriate option. The available options are Use Default Nameservers and Use Custom Nameservers.
5. If you selected the option as custom nameservers in the previous step, enter the custom name servers in the respective text entry boxes.
6. Click Change Nameservers.
The name servers for your domain will be updated. Please note that the changes can take up to 24 hours to propagate.