How long do domain transfers take?
What is a domain transfer?
If you want to transfer a domain name from one account to another, you have to go through certain procedures.
- You must verify your registered email for accuracy.
- Unlock all your domain names to see more information.
- Check with your new registrar to see your authorized code.
Then you can easily initiate the domain name transfer at your new registrar.
It is difficult to tell exactly how a domain name transfer takes. It can take from 15 minutes to up to 7 days. It depends mostly on:
- The domain extension
- The time the current owner and registrar need to confirm the transfer
- The time the current owner and registrar need to accept or reject the transfer
The moment you initiate a domain transfer with Hoasted, you will receive a notification the moment the domain status changes during the process. When the domain is successfully transferred to Hoasted, you will receive a transfer complete message.
If you are a Hoasted customer, you can check the current status of your domain in your Hoasted client are under Domains > My domains.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us questions via firstname.lastname@example.org
How long can a domain transfer take?
To transfer my domain, follow the steps given below.
1. Login into client area.
2. Navigate to Domains > Transfer Domains to Us.
The Shopping Cart page will be displayed.
3. Select your currency from the Choose Currency drop down list and click Go.
4. If you wish to move your domain or transfer your domain, enter your domain in the next text entry box.
5. Select the suffix form the drop down list.
6. Click Check Availability.
Based on the results, you can initiate the domain transfer process.