How do I create a redirect?
A redirect in simple terms means that a domain is redirected to another, usually to a certain specified web page or to a complete website itself. This is done when you have either exported your database to another server, or if you have changed the domain name recently but the users are not yet acclimatized to the new domain name. In such cases, redirecting can help by simply routing the visitor’s browser to the redirected domain’s server and hence catering to the visitor’s needs.
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. Navigate to Domains >Redirects.
3. To create a redirect, select the type from drop down list. In example Permanent (301).
The Add Redirect page will be displayed.
4. Select the domain from the drop down list.
5. Select the path.
6. Enter the URL to redirect, in the Redirect entry text box.
7. Check the box to specify the redirect condition. The available options are Only redirect with www, Redirect with or without www and Do Not Redirect www.
8. Checking the Wild Card Redirect Box will redirect all files within a directory to the same filename in the redirected directory. Note that you cannot use a Wild Card Redirect to redirect your main domain to a different directory on your site.
9. Click Add.
New redirect will be created.