How do I backup my cPanel account?
Data loss is a huge set back when you run a website with lots of traffic. Even though data loss cannot be prevented sometimes, contingency measures can always be taken to ensure the safety of the stored information. Your cPanel account has all the administrative details which you use to manage your website. The loss of this data cannot be afforded and hence backing it up will go a long way in ensuring that you are not left without an option in case a mishap occurs. It is better to take backup of data on cPanel from time to time.
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to Jetbackup and click Full Account Backups
- You will now see the list of available backups of the account of the last 14 days:
- Click in the Actions column on the Generate Download of the date you prefer. You will get the notice that only one account backup can be stored on the server.
- You will get the notice:
- When it is finished you will see in the Actions column tow options: Download and Remove Download. By clicking Download, the download to your computer will start. Remove download is what you can do once the download completed.