HoastedChoosing a reliable partner to host your website is important for your success. We want you to make the most out of your hosting and be successful. We help you in achieving your goals by delivering first class customer support, while providing hosting that consistently delivers the best in performance, uptime and security. It’s what you can expect from us, day in and day firstname.lastname@example.org
5. In Location section, select the domain and enter the directory.
Scroll down for more options.
6. In Version section, select the version and language. Accept the terms and conditions. Specify the type of automatic updates and backups.
7. In Settings section, provide administrator username, password and email in respective fields.
8. In Advanced section, specify whether or not you want the system to automatically manage advanced settings for you.
9. Click Install.
Now the WordPress will begin to install.
You can now view your WordPress installed on your website.
How to install WordPress (Manual)
WordPress is the most popular, free and open-source content management system (CMS) that is based on mainly PHP and MySQL. You can install it on your server to manage your website or blog.
Most CMS (Content Management System) sites are a complexity when you want to install them. But WordPress is a lot better and easier to install manually than other platforms. Since WordPress works the same with almost all features being available, whether it is installed on your website or if it is being used as the free hosted version on the parent wordpress.com website, it is the most preferred CMS by users.
Create a Database for WordPress
A MySQL database needs to be set up on your server as a prerequisite to installing WordPress. Most of the hosting service providers have an interface in their hosting user accounts that can make the job of setting up a database easier. In this case, you r cPanel account has the necessary interface to do this.
1. Login to cPanel account
2. Navigate to Databasesection and select MySQL Database Wizard.
The Step 1 of MySQL Database
will be displayed. You will need to create a database for WP.
3. Enter the name of the new database.
4. Click Next Step.
The Step 2 of MySQL Database Wizard will be displayed. You will need to create a database user for WP.
5. Enter username.
6. Enter password.
7. Confirm password.
8. Click Create User.
To make sure that you have a strong password, the Password Generator can be used which will create a random but secure password. Be sure to note or remember the password and username, as this information is needed while setting up WordPress.
Download WordPress and Upload it To Your Site
After the MySQL database is set up, WordPress is ready to be installed on your website. Go to the official WordPress site and download the latest version of the software. In this case, it is downloaded in a zip file.
9. Click Download Wordpress.
10. Extract the contents of the WordPress zip file to the desired location.
11. Create a wp-config.php file with your database information.
12. Open the folder containing WordPress files, find the wp-config-sample.php file and open it in a web editor or a text editor like Notepad.
13. Scroll down to MySQL Settings in the file, and enter the information from the database that you created before.
14. Rename the database name and the username with the relevant names that you want to use.
The hostname should usually be left as it is, as localhost. If the configurations are done differently for your site, then you need to contact your service provider for the changes to be done.
Enter only the relevant information in the default filler text while leaving the single quotes in place.
15. Save the file as wp-config.php.
If you are editing in Notepad, then be sure to select the file type as All Files.
WordPress is now ready
to be uploaded to your website. This process requires an FTP software or
program to be installed. Here, FileZilla, a free client is installed and used.
16. Open FileZilla.
17. Enter the FTP account information at the top.
This information should have been given to you by your hosting service provider. If not, or if you are unsure, you may have to contact the provider for this information.
18. Click Quickconnect after entering the information.
You will then be connected to your website through FTP. In case you encounter any problems or view an error message displayed, then double check the login information for correctness and establish the connection again.
19. If you want to install WordPress as your main website, go to public_html on your server on the right side of the window.
Else, if you wish to install it as a sub-directory, then select the folder of your choice.
20. Scroll through the options on the left side of the window and go to the WordPress folder in your system.
21. Select all the files in the WordPress folder.
22. Right-click the mouse and click Upload.
Finish Setting up WordPress
The completion of the upload might take several minutes depending on the internet connection you have. After it is done, your website is ready to be set up.
23. In your browser, in the web address entry field, enter your domain name with wp-config.php suffixed at the end.
24. The WordPress configuration page is opened. Enter the desired name for your site and the necessary site administrator account information along with the email address for all future correspondence.
25. Click Install WordPress.
A dialog box informing you that WordPress has been successfully installed, will be displayed.
26. Enter the username and password and click Log In to access the admin page.
The dashboard to your new WordPress site is as displayed below. You can add, edit, modify, and delete posts.
Your WordPress can now be accessed at your domain. A default post will already be in place, to give you an idea about how future posts look like. This can always be changed or removed.
We want you to ask us questions, because we love to help you in accomplishing your goals. We let no questions unanswered, provide you with high speed responses and leave no problem unsolved. What is important to you, is important to us. Shoot us a message and see for yourself.