All your internet communication secure and encrypted
What is a VPN?
Simply put, a Virtual Private Network or VPN, a group of computers (or discrete networks) that are networked together via a public network, namely the internet. Companies use VPNs for connections to data centers elsewhere and individuals can use VPNs to access network resources that are not physically on the same LAN (local area network), or as a method to secured and encrypted to perform their communication if they work via the internet.
When you connect to a VPN, you normally start a VPN client on your computer (or click a link on a special website), where you log in with your login data and your computer then exchanges the trusted keys with a server elsewhere . As soon as both computers have verified each other as authentic, all your internet communication is encrypted and protected against eavesdropping practices and intruders.
Using a VPN connection is perfect for:
• Anonymous browsing with a masked IP address
• Public Wifi hotspot security (in cafes, hotels and airports)
• To gain access to geographically limited websites and content
• Ideal if you consider security and protection of your identity more important than speed
• Important if you work in the health sector, for example
• Desirable in connection with the new EU privacy legislation if you need to send / enter extra encrypted confidential data over the internet
Order a VPN account today
We have several Dutch IP blocks at our disposal. In case IP addresses from other countries are desired, that is possible. We can supply IPs from Belgium, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Spain, Finland, France, UK, Ireland, Italy, Poland and Portugal. An IP costs € 5 per IP per month. As IPv4 addresses are becoming increasingly scarce, Hoasted accurately screens all IP requests. Not every request is accepted and no rights can be derived from the allocation of IP addresses.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do you want a Hoasted VPN?
A VPN is recommended in the following cases:
- You are required by law to send data securely over the internet.
- You use public WiFi every now and then and want to prevent eavesdropping
- You work from an area where certain parts of the Internet are closed
- You want to eavesdrop on private data if passwords and credit card details occur
- You want to hide your IP address because of your privacy
Can I really use public WiFi with VPN?
Yes, because all your traffic is encrypted.
Does VPN affect the battery life?
Yes. We therefore recommend that you only activate VPN on your mobile if necessary.
Does Hoasted share my IP address with third parties?
No. Third parties such as insurers, website owners, internet providers and advertising agencies do not have access to your log file data.
Is VPN advisable to prevent hacking of your device and private data?
Yes, you prevent hackers from finding out your IP address, or from intercepting your passwords and payment details.