There is no need to go into databases. We can install an auto-updating, auto-backuping CMS system. At Hoasted you can do this with 100+ systems, including WordPress, Magento and Drupal.
The steps are:
- Log into the cPanel of your domain
- Click ‘Install Applications’ in the top left corner
- Click ‘Application browser’ in the top right corner
- Select the system you want
- Click ‘install this application’
- Fill in the details
- Press install
Now you wait, and the system will show you when the install is done.
That’s all there is to it. No FTP, no MySQL databases, no hassle.
Useful things to consider:
- The ‘Directory (optional)’ field is left empty for most people, unless you are creating a sub-site
- Be sure to enable the auto-update and backup functions you’d like
- Be sure to remember the password you set
- Be sure to enable or disable 2nd factor authentication
- If you don’t know what this is, leave it alone!